Offices for applying for tax rebates for non-EU residents on their purchases in Spain.
DIVA. Electronic receipt sealing
Requirements to request VAT refund
In Spain España the VAT refund procedure is electronic, through the DIVA system:
- When shopping ask for the tax free online form (called “reimbursement electronic document” ).
- When leaving Spain and always before checking in your luggage, you must validate electronically all the purchases' reimbursement electronic documents. To do so, you must go to the DIVA screens located in the airport check in areas.
- Remember to always carry:
- Purchases receipts and the DIVA form.
- Purchases for which you ask for the reimbursement. Without goods there will be no stamping.
- Boarding card or travel ticket.
DIVA screens operation
- Select the language.
- Scan the bar code on the form with the optical reader.
- The system will give you two possible messages:
- The DIVA Tax Free form has been stamped. The procedure has been completed.
- The DIVA Tax Free form cannot be validated. In which case you must go to the Civil Guard stamp office located next to the screens..
You will not receive any document as a result of the validation. You can get to know the status of the procedure by consulting the CSV number (secure verification code) on the form at: https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/tramitacion/ZZ05.shtml
Once the validation has been confirmed on the screen or at the office, you can get the reimbursement at the Tax Free offices located in the boarding area.
DIVA information brochure (pdf, 899.14 kB)
- T3 telephone: 952 238 274